Monday, August 23, 2010

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "New Product"



Happy Monday everyone! When we first decided that this Crafty Secrets DT Challenge was going to be showing off our "new products" .. I knew right away what I wanted to use. I am in LOVE with the new "Artsy Banners" set!



There are just SO many things you can do with it! I started uploading photos samples and projects I had done for this post, with explanations, and realized quickly it would be much easier to show you in a video. So above is a video show you these different ideas for using this set along with some helpful hints. Below I'll post some photos and links to the products I'm talking about okay?

The tags above.. show you samples of how easy it is to make backgrounds using these stamps. I just used the tags for sample swatches..but you could easily do this on entire 12x12 sheets if you wanted. I love how the tags look, so I'll defiantly be using them.





You can see here , how you can stamp with colored ink on a while background or with black on a colored background.. to get different looks.



Here is a simple card done with the print background. (red ink on white paper) with the text stamp.

Using these stamps to create the project above was fun. I only used brown ink , and started by stamping on a AccuCut die, as a base for my bird image from Crafty Secrets. I used the borders and other stamps to finish it off.





This set has great stamps for envelopes!


I also show you in the video how to stamp on crepe paper, and hints on storage and making it ahead for quick use to save time.


Cool look .. stamping script, sheet music or text on naked chipboard.


Something as simple as a plain glass jar.. looks cute done up with these stamps and banners ..stamped on patterned paper.


Here is a little embellishment made using the pennant shape and a button for a center.


Above you can see how you can stamp these separately, or stamp one on top of the other and cut it out to make a fun scalloped border like I did on the sample below. ( the one above was done with the "text" stamp and the one in the sample below was done with the "script" stamp from this set.



Below you can see a couple of photos of a fun little banner you can make incorporating letters from the "ABC Top Hat' set.


I just did the word "Create" but of course you could do anything. I was thinking how fun it would be to put to small dowels in the top of a birthday cake and string this from one to the other.. saying celebrate or the persons name. Or on for a baby shower.. strung up with those tiny clothes pins.



On the video you can see some helpful tips on how to do this really quickly.


The letters fit inside perfectly. Really fun!

I hung this across this frame to be able to show you ..but I kind of like it.. so I think it might just stay there. lol These also look great on cards, layouts and altered products. (which I'm sure you'll be seeing in some of my projects soon.) lol

All of the Design Team members will be showing off what they have created with new Crafty Secrets products today..so be sure to check them out. There are the links to their inspiring blogs.


We are also welcoming a new talented Design Team member Mary Hamer to join us! Welcome Mary!


Pam Hooten
Heidi Blankenship
Marisa Grosson
Linda Duke
Michele Kovack
Melissa Phillips
Flo from France
Julie Campbell
Mary Hamer

Heartwarming Vintage Blog

Crafty Secrets website

Hope all of you have a wonderful Monday and great start to your week!

and thanks so much for stopping by.


29 comments:

Pam said...

Holy Cow! Love all of your tips and projects Vicki!

Scrap for Joy said...

Wow! I fell in love with this set as soon as I first saw it but after seeing your samples and watching your video (it was like having you right here in my craft room with me!!) I am completely sold! Your examples, as always, were awesome and you should really do more videos Vicki-you did a great job!
Have a great day!
Joyce
was your puppy trying to get in the picture, too? I saw him walk by behind you-LOL!

Martha said...

beautiful

starqueen said...

Hi Vicki,
Thank you for an awesome video!! I loved Artsy Banners as soon as it came out, but you have just given me so much more inspiration for it! The chipboard was fun, the crepe paper stamping (and storage idea!) was fantastic, and the banner tip---FAB-U-LOUS! I'm a Crafty Secrets junkie and I like it!

NanaBeth said...

Huge thank you! I wanted this set the first time I saw it and now I'm going straight away to order it!

Home and Heart said...

Your work and ideas are ALWAYS wonderful!! Thank you for sharing, and the inspiration!

Erin Smetak said...

Oh my gosh, what a wealth of knowledge!!!! Thanks for taking the time to make that video! That set that you debuted is SO awesome! I HAVE to have it now! The ideas are swirling in my head!!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

You, my dear, have a very creative mind...and I am so thankful that you share your creativity with all of us. The best 14 minutes of my day so far!

harrahx2 said...

Okay, I got a twofer today...both yesterday and today at one time. Happens every so often. The pictures and stories always make me smile. Living near DC, I so Can't Imagine leaving a key, an open door or anything else! I, like you, long for that sense of trust we *used" to have. Sure seems like a long time ago. Great stamp set, great video, you look so cute! I can definitely see the family resemblance with your mom and her siblings. Amazing. Cute picture of you as a little girl. So darn adorable. Loved it all Vic and loved the guests but still managed to miss you!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Way to go Vic, you rocked this video! I'm trying to think of something you may have missed and I'm sure someone will get another novel idea - but I think you pretty much covered it!

Sandy

Michele said...

WOW! Lots of fun ideas Vicki!!! Love 'em!

Marisa said...

Vicki what a great video off all the stuff that you created. You certainly have given lots of tips on using the stamp set. Love them all.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Can't imagine someone not wanting to buy this set after seeing your video and samples!! Thanks for sharing your time and talents with us : )

Lyn said...

If I needed an excuse for buying this set, I don't need it anymore. Your samples and video made this set become a real "need"! Thanks, Vicki, for enabling again.....LOL!

Pieces of Home Designs said...

Love what you did with the Artsy Banner stamps!! So many cool ideas to try! Thank you for the warm welcome too! I am so excited to work with you!

mary

Liszha said...

I love what you did with it and how many great ideas you have. I am certain I am gonna do the string on the cake one day but in the frame it is already pretty cool!

annemk said...

wow! these are some really cute projects Vicki. I really like the banner in the frame too...
♥anne

Paper Boutique said...

Oh my Vicki this projects are all soooo glorious!

debbiek said...

I haven't even looked at your video yet and I'm already chomping on the bits wanting that new banner stamp set! Oh my gosh, adorable!!! LoVe your work, Ms. Vicki:) Can't wait to see more. Your art is like candy, just can't get enough of it....

Hugs,
DebbieK

Jane Wetzel said...

hey there Vicki- LOVE your examples and SO happy to see all the things you can do with this set! Thanks for posting the video!

DeniseLynn said...

GASP!!! I adre every project ... oh my goodness the wheels are turning. I am always inspired when I stop in for a visit with you Vicki but today is the mother load. LOL!Does my excitement translate well?? A fabulous set that's for sure.

Yvonne said...

Love this set and plan to order it. So many possibilties!

Michelle Jackson said...

Great video Miss Vic! Wow-love that stamp set! I could see that being the go-to stamp set for most everything!

You do need to do more videos! :)

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Love love love those tags! And that card with the little blue bird on it is adorable! Thanks for the tips, awesome video!! : )

Consuelo said...

Thank you for stimulating our desires and promising pleasures and beautiful rewards.You have personally designed specific tasks for us crafters during our visit with you and we have beautiful ideas on what we are creating!

Dealbaida said...

Oh Vicki, how good to see you at last. Many, many thanks for this hugely inspirational and enjoyable video. As jam-packed with ideas and "must-try's" as your blog tutorials!

Marion,
UK

Scrapcollectr said...

I'm a newbie to this stamp brand and it hits just the right spot for this vintage lover. Thanks for all the cool ideas!

Wenche said...

Beautyful! Greate tips. Thank you

Mónica said...

Hi Vicki!!!! I love all the letters stamps!!!!