Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Beach Album

Hello everyone!   I've been busy working one some new projects with papers from the new "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD from Crafty Secrets.  Oh.. I'm so excited about the gorgeous things on this CD. Whether your a digital or hybrid scrapper or a cut and paste girl like me.... you'll love it.   SO many possibilities.... and so many gorgeous patterns to create with.    Very soon you'll be able to purchase some of the Tattered Angels albums (like the Travel album below) on the Crafty Secrets Website also.  Sandy has been posting updates about new things being added the week, here on the "Heartwarming Vintage Blog"


Thank you Daisy at Eclectic Paperie for this darling little bottle.  I will defiantly be ordering more.  Aren't then fun!  I had to put some sand in mine for this album of course :)
You can get them HERE if you are interested. ( they come in sets of 4 for $2.99) varied sizes.


I used the "Bathing Beauties" Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets and papers and elements from the  NEW "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD   The CD's are available NOW! whoo whooo!

                                       "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD


There are so many gorgeous papers on this CD!
I love that there is such a variety.  I knew I'd be looking for something fairly neutral to go under the transparent cover of this album..  after taking a look I chose this, but there were a number of others that would have worked well also.      Instead of misting the inside page that would be able to be seen through the front cover, I covered the inside page with this small print brown paper from the CD.


As you know .. I'm a saver. I keep everything, thinking I'm going to have a use for it later.  Well, this time that worked out in my favor.  This rope was around a bag I purchased recently... glad I saved it :)
I knew ribbon wasn't the look I was wanting ..but I love the look of this on the album.

I used my glue gun and added some flowers, shells and more rope. Then I used diamond glaze to add some sand around the edges.
( flowers were misted with Patina and Sand Glimmer Mist)
(the tag above with Patina and Suede)


Lots of pages for lots of photos.. so I keep working away at it.

Just looking at the photos... takes me right back.  ahhhhh


______________________________________________________________

I have to share some photos from Fathers Day with you... simply because I had cute kiddos and pups that didn't mind me snapping endless photos of them. lol      Kate's parents have a cabin out near ours, and we were invited to come out and grill on Sunday.   Jarad and Kate brought the steaks and Jarad did the grilling.  It was a really nice time.   Kate's parents had two of their other Grandkiddos for the weekend, so L and K were in on the fun too.   Riley was riding in style!

Kate and her niece.


Riley is growing up.

Love this shot of K giving Grandma kisses. awww


Cloey was taking a break and Aly and Molly were at home.. so trust me Riley got lots of attention!
She looks so much like Molly when she was little, but as she is growing I see that she is going to have longer legs, and I don't think as big.



It seems we have been in some kind of strange storm pattern, because we had really nasty weather again the other night.   The tip of a tornado actually touched down in Fremont.  Here is a photo Kate sent me of their yard.   My mom was without power for sometime, and Jarad and Kate were also.  Lots of clean up ahead for Fremonters over the next days.. but thankfully no major injuries.
National Weather Service Confirms  EF1 Tornado

It's been a crazy year for weird weather. We have actually been so lucky, compared to what others across the country have had to deal with.  Tornado's, flooding ect...    Keeping everyone in our prayers.
Stay safe!

Hugs, Vic

11 comments:

VAWM said...

Adorable album! Man it looks like you have had a great time!
Be safe with all of the strange weather!

Sarah said...

I love, love, love your beach album. If this had been a sample at GASC, we would have sold all of them!

Sheila R said...

Super cute album.

We have also had strange weather. Stay safe.

Jan said...

Love your album! Such great pictures and looks like everyone is having a blast :)

debbiek said...

Love the album, Ms. Vicki. So glad to hear nobody was hurt in the storms there. Riley is just adorable! I'd love to hug her, such a sweet little face.....

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Wow, I love the travel album and the gorgeous creativeness you added to it!

I agree with you that the weather has been especially crazy this year. We're in the Chico, CA area and had an EF1 tornado on the same day that a tornado hit the town that we moved from in Missouri. What are the chances that would happen to our two towns 1800 miles away from each other? We're not exactly tornado alley here, not like Nebraska! :)

Carla said...

Your album is beautiful! I have the TA butterfly album, I need to rustle it up and do something with it. Here in NE Colorado we have had crazy weather too. It's like the rainforest here. I love it, but I know that in other parts of the country they are not loving the rain.

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Vicki- weird weather here too...LOVE your cool album..I have the little bottles and havnt done anything with them so thanks for the inspriration!

Trece said...

I'm sorry - I have to laugh at your spell-check fun: defiantly instead of definitely. It's OK, you can buy more bottles!! Love the project, no matter what!

Bettyann said...

love the beach album..glad you had a great father's day..take care with all that weird weather...

stampqueen said...

Great beach album!!! Looks like someones feetsys might be a bit sunburned?
Great Father's Day pictures too!!!
kepp those tornados away though!!!!