Monday, June 27, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "Childhood" Theme

eWoo hoo! Super excited today, as it is a first Crafty Secrets challenge with all the members of our new Design Team!  I cant wait to see what everyone has created for this challenge! (ok.. I've seen sneak peeks of some of them already, and I can tell you... you are in for a treat.  Be sure to pop around to all their blogs to see :)   I have all their names at the end of this post.. so all you have to do is click on their name and it will take you directly to their blog.

I created a couple of things for this challenge. Here is a layout I did using some of the paper from the new CD. (more about the CD below).   The photo is of my husband and siblings with their dad. (Dan is the little guy on his dads lap with his sister). 

The journaling is one the tag ..tucked inside.   I had to write on the tag in the journaling about how he thought he had handful with 5 kids..but little did he know when this photos was taken...but there was one more on the way :)     I know Dan misses his dad very much.  He was a good man.   Found Childhood memories for sure.

and one more project...
Here is a little album using Papers and elements from the new
 "Creating with Vintage Patterns".    You will be able to see the different ways this CD can be used during this challenge. Some of the girls will use it as I did, by printing off the papers and elements and creating a project just as I would when using any papers, journal notes, images, ect..    Other girls will do their entire layout or card digitally.  Some.. hybrid.. a little combo of both.   There are so many possibilities.

There are so many gorgeous papers on there, I have a hard time choosing which to use. ahhh   But  I knew what colors I was originally thinking of using, after gathering my photos for the album... so...
I started picking.  I had no problem finding papers that went together really well, and fit my color combo choices.    The paper I used for the cover almost makes me swoooon!  LOVE IT!
( the album is from Tattered Angels)
and the Glimmer Mist colors I used were... Wheat Beer and SWAK
I haven't been able to get good natural light for photos all week.. because of the darn clouds..  these will have to do.

There are alot of pages in this album and I actually DID finish them all, believe it or not. I'd drown you in photos if I shared  them all.. lol, so  I'm sharing a few that really show off the papers and added elements the best.

The darling little frame and tag below are elements on the CD, and that scalloped stitching is the edge of one of the papers on the CD.



The corner piece of paper is also one of the elements, as well as a full size sheet of that same print.


Addy was feeling pretty special in her dress. She was cracking me up.. dancing around out in the grass.  She used to be so shy and quiet...  now she is coming out of her shell ...and chatting and dancing for anyone who will watch and listen. So cute.  These photos where taken at Easter.  Addy is my brother Rays Granddaughter.  And he pretty much adores her :)


I'll be sharing more projects with papers from this CD this week, so I hope you'll stop back.
Now, here are the links to the blogs so that you can see what the other girls on the team have created .


Crafty Secrets Design Team

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader  (you are here :)


Pam Hooten


Heidi Blankenship


Linda Duke


Michele Kovack


Amy Teets


Debbie Marcinkiewicz


Fauve van Maanen


Julie Campbell


Gini Cagle


Jan Hennings


Tammy Roberts


Victoria Warren Mears


Viola Mahr






Heartwarming Vintage Blog






                                           Have a GREAT day!



16 comments:

Jan said...

love your LO and the little album is too sweet! LOVE these new papers!

Sarah said...

Oh, Vicki, I love that sweet little album with all of those yummy papers. The new CD is awesome with its gorgeous papers and almost endless editing possibilities.

Pam said...

Beautiful projects Vicki!
I can see your boys faces in their grandpa's picture :)

Tammy Roberts said...

Love the layout and the album... gorgeous!!! You did the new papers justice!!!!

vio~ said...

it's SUPER~ sweet! I love it, thank you for sharing!

VAWM said...

Adorable projects Vicki! I love that photo with the kids!

*Fauve* said...

These projects are amazing!I love the pictures,so sweet!

Michele said...

Your projects are gorgeous....as usual!!!!

Mickie said...

You always inspire me with your artwork and your LO and album are no exception.

malia said...

how do you come up with SO MANY great ideas? xoxo

stampqueen said...

Beautiful projects!!! Love the layout of your DH's Dad - what a great picture!!!!

Linda S. said...

Hi Vicki,
As usual, your two projects have me drooling. So cute. It amazes me that you always seem to have the perfect pictures to scrap! Hope these weird NE storms have been leaving you and yours alone. I have visited all the teams blogs, and you were right...they are all amazing!
Linda S. in NE

debbiek said...

Love your creations, Ms. Vicki. They are always amazing. That CD looks like a MUST HAVE! Enjoy the sunshine....

beadz said...

These projects are just gorgeous! Can't wait to start playing with my CD! (It arrived yesterday, and I left for the beach the day before -ugh!)
hugs,
Gini

A Vintage Chic said...

Love your sweet projects, Vicki! That photo of your hubby with his father & siblings is just magical (you know how I love old family photos!)

Hope you're having a good, summery week, my friend! I'm in Utah ROASTING and having a marvelous time with family...

Julie

Carla said...

These are both beautiful ways to preserve precious memories! I know they will be treasured!