Saturday, March 15, 2014

Whatevers TWO March 2014

It's that time! March Whatevers Day! We have a super fun photo for you to play with this month.  Hope you can join in.  If your not familiar with "Whatevers" You can read more about it here.  But basically my friends...Nat, Cat, Cuchy,  Martha  and I have committed to a full year of bringing new life to  forgotten photos. Each month we create a page and give it a story using that months photo. We share the photo with you in hopes that you will play along and join in the fun.
 There is also more info at the bottom of this post. 
 Here are the links to the other girls blogs so you can see their creations this month.
Nathalie Kalbach
Catherine Scanlon
Martha Richardson
Carmen Sanchez
   

But... before I go any further I'd also like to announce that I'm hosting a giveaway today. Stampington has been gracious enough to offer me the opportunity to give way an issue of  March/ April Somerset Studio.  All you have to do for a chance to win is leave a comment in this blog post between now and next Friday (March 21st).
I'll announce the winner on Friday.  Stampington will send the issue directly to the winner.
Somerset Studio March/April issue


Here is my page for March
Something a little different for me.  Sheet music, magazine page pieces, mod podge, paint, markets, threadless stitching, stamping....      and do you know what that is holding the photo?


It's a Music Staff Chalkboard Liner.
( or in this case... a perfect photo holder :)

My story:
Sam, Bill, Ken, and Buck loved singing together, and had been doing it for years, but this night was extra special.  A real celebration.  They're singing on a live radio broadcast  on KQRX from the Simmons Theater in St Louis. This was a hug deal for four guys from Chelsea Missouri.  Family and friends back home were gathered around their radios waiting to hear them sing with their perfectly harmonized voices.  They had been practicing for weeks. Tonight was their night to make their little town proud.




 Here is a bit about how it works if you'd like to join in
 
Here is how it works
  • Nat, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th –  each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
  • There is no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
  • There is no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
  • There is no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
  • If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
  • You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
Here is this months photo

              Don't forget to leave a comment in this post for a chance to win a copy of
                                          Somerset Studio March/April Issue



Thanks so much for stopping by
I hope you have a creative day!

Vicki

23 comments:

Martha Richardson said...

Love that photo holder…great story !

Mary W said...

The Somerset Studio offer is great and the cover is irresistible. Love to see what you come up with each month for the Whatevers. Such a clever idea.

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

That is a super cool chalk holder idea -- and your story makes me think of the Prairie Home Companion...have you ever listened to it? Love your project, as always so thoughtfully put together! xo

kathy wood said...

I love the whatevers and Somerset Studio so this post is fabulous!

HelenM said...

I just love the whatevers!! they always make me smile! thanks for the inspiration!

Paulette Manion said...

You would not believe how I look forward to reading the "Whatevers" each month and seeing the artwork which ties it all together! Martha's inclusion of a recipe is such a sweet touch also. Keep them coming :)

Paulette Manion said...

You would not believe how much I look forward to "The Whatevers" each month and admiring the artwork that ties it all together! Martha's inclusion of a recipe is a sweet touch also. Keep 'em coming!

Jean said...

I love your piece! Perfect papers! I remember those chalk holders! Have not seen one in years! Would love to win an issue of this magazine!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Vic, I loooooove! The bright pops of color behind the black and white are just so much fun. And the creative way you used the chalk liner! Wow! I actually remember using these in our rural elementary school when I was a girl. The teacher would use them to line out penmanship practice on the board as well as for music class. Great memories and such an innovative use. This one is totally yummy!

The Vintage Dresser said...

Love your creation and the chalk holder is awesome as a photo holder!
Thanks for the opportunity to win the magazine. It would be a perfect birthday present!! I love Stampington publications!

Rosebudlady said...

I always enjoy your posts and esp this one...everything is so clever! Like you, I am waiting for Spring and nice warm weather! Keep up your wonderful work~Kathleen

Tania Pelletier said...

I love your "whatevers" this time, very cute! And what a fun giveaway, I love Somerset!!

Tania

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, I have never seen one of those things you posted. Kind of cook use for it though! Only you would see that potential! I totally love it all.

Vicki robertson said...

Oh, I love this photo! I think I may play along with this...thinking. The chalk holder! Wow, I so remember those from my elementary school days. Handwriting class and music class. Fun memories. Wherever did you find one?

Linda S. said...

I always love to read Somerset Studio magazine. I can always find inspiration within the pages. Thanks for the chance to win a copy.

Vicki robertson said...

Where can I find the photo, Vicki?

Gail B. said...

I love your imagination and the whatevers. Thank you for taking the time to make me smile.

Anonymous said...

Love s chance to win this catalog! Thanks Cathy !

juliek said...

Oh wow - this is awesome all the way around. Love the photo holder - what a clever idea.

Maggie said...

Awesome as always Vic!!

Cuchy said...

Love the use you gave to that chalkboard liner and the vintage look of the page. Great story

Mary F. said...

I just found your blog-love it!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Such a cute story- and I love the page- and the how you integrated the chalk holder- awesome!