Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Whatevers - "On the Farm" layout

Here we are! It's time to share more " Whatever's".  I'm so thankful I had all my pages finished, photographed and put into blogger before my accident or I wouldn't be able to participate.. and that would so sad because I've been looking so forward to this.
I'm doing this from my phone now, because I can't get up to my computer upstairs so bear with me.

Be sure to pop over to Nat and Cats blogs , not only to see where creations and read their stories, but to get the original photo, if you'd like to play along with us. It's such an adorable photo.


Their home may have been small and humble but it was something mother always took so much pride in caring for. Even  before you enter the house you were greeted with mothers beautiful flower and vegetable gardens. My brothers and I often helped her in the garden, by filling buckets with cucumbers for mother to make pickles with. We learn how to gently pick the tomatoes from the stem without damaging the plant. Momther would reward us with hugs and praise and sometimes a slice of watermelon or cantaloupe.  We learned to be proud of our hard work in the garden, just like mother. 


Th 



Here are a couple close ups.
It was fun to do a vintage style layou with a girlie spin.





Thanks again for all your thoughts
And well wishes.


Things are getting a bit easier each day, and Dan is here helping me. I go back to the Orthopedic Surgeon on the 22nd  It's my understanding that they may take the pins out of my foot then and put on a different cast for another 6 weeks.


4 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Sending you big hugs Vic! Oh I looovee your take on the whatevers- the vintage background and the writing, so wonderful!

Catherine Matthews-Scanlon said...

I'm so happy you had your pages done too, it would have not been the same if you weren't playing along! I love your story and the stitching is just perfect on this page. Can't wait to see what you do next week, and feel better rest up you'll be back to normal and up in your studio soon.

harrahx2 said...

Love the layout and the picture and the story. that paper is pretty. Hope the mending continues and your are up and dancing a jig soon Sweet Girl

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wauch a lovely soft vintage color palette and sweet story! I'm so glad you were able to get this done! The details are just perfect! Sending you gentle, heLing hugs!